[Trilinos-Users] Installing on ROCKS 5

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Wed Sep 3 08:58:17 MDT 2008

AA,

The default location for installing optional libraries in Linux/Unix systems, at least in my experience, is /usr/local/lib (for .a and .so files) and /usr/local/include (for .h and .hpp files).  Similarly /usr/local/bin is for executables.

By default (unless you define the -prefix argument when configuring), Trilinos will install in the directories mentioned above, assuming you have root or sudo permissions.

There are certainly many policies for where to install generally-available software tools, so it could be that your approach is just fine.  It's probably best to ask a Unix system adminstrator list for more complete advice.

Mike