[Trilinos-Users] compilation under native windows

Schiek, Richard L rlschie at sandia.gov
Tue Sep 2 09:32:58 MDT 2008

I've produced a windows native version of Trilinos using the Intel C++ and Intel Fotran compilers.  I've only done a serial version, but I don't think that a parallel version would be that hard.  In the past I've tried Visual Studio 2005 and found that the C++ compiler didn't support templates well enough for my code (it may work for Trilinos, but probably not as many Trilinos packages use templates.)  The poor template support led me to trying the Intel Compilers which worked.

I did use the Cygwin environment to get a good shell and make support so that I could configure and then build trilinos.  The final libraries are not dependent on having Cygwin installed.  Let me know if you want to see the script I used to call Trilinos's configure script.

Good Luck

Rich Schiek
rlschie at sandia.gov