[Trilinos-Users] FW: compile error

Benjamin Kirk benjamin.kirk at nasa.gov
Tue Nov 18 07:57:32 MST 2008

>> Thanks for the quick response. I tried enabling epetraext, but now I'm
>> getting
>> this problem:
>> Now building teuchos examples.
>
> What are the exact options passed to the configure script? The build log
> includes '-L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/3.4.6' and
> '/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.3.0', it seems it was trying to link the
> compat gcc-3.4.6 libs together with gcc-4.3.0 . The compat gcc-3.4.6 libs
> shouldn't be needed on Fedora 9.

I'm willing to bet that you have g77 installed from gcc-3.4.6 and gfortran
from gcc-4.3.0.  ./configure found g77 first and used it to figure out the
fortran link libraries, which will not work with a main compiled with
gcc-4.3

The fix should be to simply make sure that the underlying fortran compiler
used is gfortran, whether that be through your mpif77 configuration or
trilinos' ./configure...

-Ben