[Trilinos-Users] installation on macOS 10.4

Jeremy A. Templeton jatempl at sandia.gov
Thu Nov 6 12:35:20 MST 2008

Hello.  I'm a new user trying to install trilinos-9.0.1 on my intel
mac laptop running tiger.  I'm running into problems during the
configure phase with the fortran compiler:

checking how to get verbose linking output from gfortran...
configure: WARNING: compilation failed

checking for Fortran 77 libraries of gfortran... -L/sw/lib/ -lg2c
checking for dummy main to link with Fortran 77 libraries... unknown
configure: error: linking to Fortran libraries from C fails
See `config.log' for more details.
configure: error: ../../../packages/teuchos/configure failed for
packages/teuchos

I have tried using both g77 and gfortran but both produce the same
errors.  Any suggestions?
thanks,
Jeremy

Jeremy A. Templeton