[Trilinos-Users] Confused about mlmex

Tudor Buican tudor at timb.com
Fri Jun 27 15:21:33 MDT 2008

Hi, Chris.

I have ml.m in the install directory packages/ml/matlab (I think you
sent it to me some time ago) and I can call ml from matlab (or Comsol
script), but then ml calls mlmex and it's the mlmex function that can't
be found, together with any m-file or library file with that name. Here
is the error message:

C» [h,oc]=ml('setup',Kf);
Error: Unknown function mlmex.
  ml   90   [out,oc]=mlmex(0,varargin{2:nargin});

Here is my configure command (the longer lines are wrapped by my email
program):

../configure \
  --target=x86_64
  --cache-file=config.cache \
  --prefix=/home/tudor/trilinos-install/LINUX_MPI \
  --with-gnumake \
  --with-fflags="-fPIC -O3 -m64 -I/export/apps/matlab/extern/include" \
  --with-cflags="-fPIC -ansi -Wall -m64 -
I/export/apps/matlab/extern/include" \
  --with-cxxflags="-fPIC -ansi -Wall -ftrapv -Wconversion -m64 -
I/export/apps/matlab/extern/include" \
  --with-flibs="-lg2c" \
  --with-libs=-L/home/tudor/libraries/trilinos_3pl/LINUX_MPI/lib \
  --with-matlab-exec=/export/apps/matlab/bin \
  --with-matlab-root=/export/apps/matlab \
  --enable-examples \
  --enable-tests \
  --disable-pytrilinos \
  --enable-teuchos \
  --enable-epetra \
  --enable-triutils \
  --enable-aztecoo \
  --enable-galeri \
  --enable-ifpack \
  --disable-ifpack-metis \
  --enable-ifpack-sparskit \
  --enable-epetraext \
  --enable-amesos \
  --enable-amesos-lapack \
  --enable-amesos-klu \
  --disable-amesos-umfpack \
  --disable-amesos-dscpack \
  --enable-didasko \
  --enable-ml \
  --enable-ml-matlab \
  --enable-anasazi \
  --enable-nox \
  --enable-nox-epetra  | tee configure_LINUX_MPI.log

I added the --target=x86_64 option because I was getting messages about
having to specify --target once I had added --with-matlab-
exec=/export/apps/matlab/bin

Again, I have ml.m, but I don't see any mlmex.m or mlmex.so, which I
assume I should have after building with enable-ml-matlab. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Tudor

Tudor Buican <tudor at timb.com>