[Trilinos-Users] Error message: sym GS preconditioning can only be used with MSR matrices

Ernesto Prudencio prudenci at slac.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 18 21:10:29 MST 2008

Hi.

I am using a code with these lines, among others:

   Epetra_CrsMatrix*                    m_matrixForTrilinos;
   Epetra_LinearProblem*                m_problemForTrilinos;
   AztecOO*                             m_solverForTrilinos;
   Epetra_Vector*                       m_rhsForTrilinos;
   Epetra_Vector*                       m_dofsForTrilinos;
   m_problemForTrilinos = new Epetra_LinearProblem(m_matrixForTrilinos,
                                                   m_dofsForTrilinos,
                                                   m_rhsForTrilinos);
   m_solverForTrilinos = new AztecOO(*m_problemForTrilinos);

If I select symGS preconditioned CG, I get the error message given in the
title of this e-mail.

Shouldn't aztecoo handle the translation of the "user level" crs matrix
format to any necessary internal format needed by aztecoo itself?

I am new to trilinos so sorry if this is somehow a too trivial question...
I am also without the manuals right now.

Thanks,

Ernesto.