[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos interface to LAPACK

hkthorn hkthorn at sandia.gov
Tue Jan 15 14:15:52 MST 2008

Hi Jeremy,

Trilinos provides wrappers to LAPACK functionality in the Epetra and Teuchos
packages.  The Amesos-LAPACK interface is solely for solving linear systems
using DGETRS/DGETRF.  The LAPACK wrappers in Epetra and Teuchos are not all
inclusive, there is not a wrapper for every single LAPACK routine.  The
Epetra interface to LAPACK gives access to some single and double precision
floating point routines.  The Teuchos interface to LAPACK is templated and
gives access to some LAPACK routines for all four native types (float,
double, complex<float>, complex<double>).

At this time the wrappers in Teuchos have more eigenvalue/eigenvector LAPACK
routines and are still being actively enhanced with more LAPACK routines as
requested.  Yes, the interfaces still use pointers instead of a std::vector.
However, in using these wrappers you can create std::vectors for the storage
and just pass in the pointer to the first element of the vector to the
LAPACK wrapper.
In my experience, a perfect compliment to the LAPACK wrappers in Teuchos is
the SerialDenseMatrix class in Teuchos.  This templated class has been
designed to provide serial dense matrix storage that is compatible with
LAPACK routines.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,
Heidi

--
Heidi K. Thornquist