[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos interface to LAPACK

Jeremy Conlin jeremit0 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 19:36:31 MST 2008

I am trying to use the Trilinos interface to LAPACK and I'm not sure what is
the best way to do this.  I am primarily using it to calculate eigenvalues
and eigenvectors, nothing fancy.  First of all there are several packages
that each have their own interface to LAPACK including: Epetra, Amesos, and
Teuchos.  When I first learned of Trilinos (I'm new to the scene) I was
hoping I could pass either a C++ std::vector or some Trilinos objects to the
functions instead of merely arrays.
So I guess my question is, what is the best way to interface with LAPACK?
 Can I pass Trilinos objects (or std::vector) instead of arrays?  Which
package offers the best interface?  Why are there so many?

Thanks,
Jeremy Conlin