[Trilinos-Users] strange performance on simple matrix/vector product

Heroux, Michael A maherou at sandia.gov
Fri Feb 29 07:32:06 MST 2008

Daniele,

A few questions:

1)  I assume first that you are using Epetra_CrsMatrix and its Multiply method.  Correct?

2) How are you importing the matrix into Epetra?

3) How are you compiling Trilinos?  Depending on how the matrix is imported, the Multiply method is very sensitive to either the C++ or the Fortran compiler optimization flags.

Also, there is a performance optimization guide

http://trilinos.sandia.gov/packages/epetra/EpetraPerformanceGuide.pdf

Mike