[Trilinos-Users] PyTrilinos + Anasazi - Generalized eigenproblem

Marko Budisic mbudisic at engineering.ucsb.edu
Mon Dec 22 13:28:03 MST 2008

Hi Chris,

thank you for all your responses, especially those over the weekend. I
wasn't trying to rush you in my last e-mail, I was just summarizing all
my questions because I wanted to make them clear at the end of the
e-mail so you didn't have to decode what I was actually asking for in
the end. The discussion with you was extremely helpful with my
understanding of the code and it's a pleasure to have such responsive
support on the other end.

As for the problem, I resorted to solving the generalized eigenproblem
in the exact way you suggested and I'm glad to say that it is working
well. My original matrix A might end up being symmetric in some cases
too, so I will try the Davidson solver in those cases.

All of the things being said, it seems that it is only Monday and that
the prospects are good for my problems to be resolved, thanks to you and
Heidi in the past weeks, so I am glad that is the case.

Best,

Marko