[Trilinos-Users] Help, Epetra and Complex Equivalent Problem

Davood Ansari david.ansari at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:24:24 MST 2008

Hi all

I have a complex matrix problem to solve (FEM matrices) :

(Ar + j Ai) x = b
where x = xr + j xi
and b=br + j bi

I have got the real and imaginary parts of the matrix A and the RHS b
assembled in separate arrays (i.e. Ar Ai br bi).
I know that this is equal to a real matrix problem of twice the dimensions:

Ar -Ai
Ai  Ar

xr
xi
=
br
bi

So I would like to construct this equivalent Epetra_LinearProblem without
having to store the Ar and Ai (-Ai) twice for each.
I know that the komplex package would probably do this but I would rather
use some thing based on Epetra since I already have
the matrices ready to go in Epetra_CrsMatrix objects.

Please Advise
Davood