[Trilinos-Users] Bug in Anasazi example code BlockKrylovSchurEpetraExGenAmesos.cpp?

Michael Junge junge at iam.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Aug 19 03:17:13 MDT 2008

Chris,
thanks a lot for your reply. Just to make sure that I understand you
right. If I have a symmetric eigenvalue problem I do have to provide the
mass-operator in the definition of the eigenvalue problem. This is due
to the fact, that K^{-1}M is non-symmetric with respect to the standard
inner-product, but symmetric with respect to the inner product defined by M.
What happened with the eigenvalues and eigenvectors, if I did not
provided the mass operator or alternatively provided another symmetric
matrix?
Thanks
Michael