[Trilinos-Users] How global is Epetra_CrsMatrix::InsertGlobalValues?

Tudor Buican tudor at timb.com
Sun Aug 17 18:38:36 MDT 2008

Hi everybody.

I have a situation in which only one process can access the data used to
build a CrsMatrix. One would imagine that there should be a way for that
processor to insert each {row, column, value} entry globally, regardless
of where that row/column combination resides. However, the only method I
can think of, i.e., EpetraCrsMatrix::InsertGlobalValues, seems to accept
only global indices that map to the process that is doing the inserting.
I may be missing something here, but is there a way for one process to
insert values transparently (given that all the relevant maps are
already in place) at ANY row/column combination?

Thank you.
-Tudor

--
Tudor N. Buican, PhD