[Trilinos-Users] EpetraExt_HDF5: write of transposed MultiVector

Simone Deparis simone.deparis at epfl.ch
Fri Aug 8 09:07:39 MDT 2008

Hi,
(sorry for answering to myself :-)

Simone Deparis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use the write funciton of EpetraExt_HDF5 for
> MultiVectors, but I would like a "transposed output".
>
> given a Multivector with  NumVectors = 3, e.g: (and GlobalLength 4)
> 1 1 1
> 2 2 2
> 3 3 3
> 4 4 4
>
> I would like to write in a HDF5 file the array:
> 1 1 1
> 2 2 2
> 3 3 3
> 4 4 4
>
> Right now, the function
> void EpetraExt::HDF5::Write(const std::string& GroupName, const
> Epetra_MultiVector& X)
>
> sets the output as
> 1 2 3 4
> 1 2 3 4
> 1 2 3 4
>

> Is there an easy way to change the EpetraExt::HDF5::Write and have what
> I need, please?

I join a preliminary version of the
EpetraExt::HDF5::Write(...MultiVector) that is able to write out as
described above.
to activate/deactivate this version, use the preprocessor Variable
#define HDF5_Write_Transpose

Note that if you undefine HDF5_Write_Transpose, the method is slightly
different from the one in Trilinos 8.0.7:
Firstly, the hyperslab in the file is define with only one block
(probably quicker?), secondly, each vector is written separatedly

In this way, changing from the "transpose" version to the original one
is straightforward.

Best
Simone