[Trilinos-Users] building on mac

Doug Reeder dlr at rain.org
Wed May 23 15:07:32 MDT 2007

Daniel,

I haven't tried this so take it for what it is worth.

Do you have a fortran compiler installed (absoft, xlf, or g77). Do
you have gcc installed as part of fink in addition to the apple
supplied version; configure is trying to search for both. Did you
install the developer software from apple or are you just using fink.

It looks like configure is getting confused looking for different c
libraries. If there is a configure flag to tell it to use a specific
c library that might help. You might also try to use a configure flag
to specify a fortran compiler. Sometimes you can use environment
variables to force configure to use the compilers and libraries you
want it to use.

Doug Reeder