[Trilinos-Users] MOOCHO installation

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 25 22:44:32 MDT 2007

JP,

For release 8 due in August, I plan to try to get Cygwin and possibly
Windows to produce shared libraries.

I hadn't had any plans for MOOCHO, but in all honesty, barring
something unforeseen, it shouldn't be that hard to do (for MOOCHO or
any other package).  I'll take it under consideration.

On Jun 25, 2007, at 9:44 PM, John Pye wrote:

> Hi Bill
>
> From what you say, there is no shared library for MOOCHO. And no
> shared
> libraries at all on Windows. Any possibility that this will change?
>
> Cheers
> JP
>
> Bill Spotz wrote:
>> On Jun 25, 2007, at 6:45 PM, John Pye wrote:
>>
>>> If I enable python, I'll perhaps get shared libraries, but are they
>>> C/C++ shared libraries for the basic Trilinos code, or are they
>>> libraries containing primarily the Python bindings?
>>
>> The shared libraries will only be the C/C++ Trilinos libraries, used
>> later by the python bindings. Note that this is only currently
>> supported for Linux and Mac OS X, and only for those packages that
>> have a python interface: amesos, aztecoo, epetra, epetraext, galeri,
>> ifpack, ml, new_package, teuchos and triutils. They will be moved to
>> packages/PyTrilinos/src within the build tree and installed in the
>> same directory as the static libraries.
>>
>> Note that configure option --enable-python will trigger tests for the
>> prerequisites swig and numpy (even if all you want is the shared
>> libraries).
>>
>>> Cheers
>>> JP

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-5451      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **