[Trilinos-Users] MOOCHO installation

John Pye john.pye at anu.edu.au
Sat Jun 23 21:40:37 MDT 2007

Hi all

I have been evaluating the MOOCHO optimisation solver to work out if it
will be suitable for use with the ASCEND modelling environment
http://ascend.cheme.cmu.edu/. We would like to be able to offer MOOCHO
as a FOSS alternative to the CONOPT solver currently provided.

One strangeness that I see in building and installing Trilinos is that
MOOCHO installs files to the /usr/tools directory. This is not a
standard file location. Is there a reason why files need to be put in
this place?Is there a configuration option that allows these files to
placed somewhere else? (I couldn't see anything with ./configure --help).

Also, there doesn't seem to be a ./configure option for creating shared
libraries instead static libraries. How can I produce shared libraries
for the Trilinos packages? Is there a way?

Cheers
JP