[Trilinos-Users] ATLAS and GotoBLAS

Michael A Heroux maherou at sandia.gov
Mon Jun 18 15:51:12 MDT 2007

Virginia,

We have built with both of these BLAS libraries.  You will not see a
performance improvement in the sparse kernels, except for the
Epetra_VbrMatrix class, and even then only with medium to large block sizes.
BLAS performance comes into play when performing operations with
Epetra_MultiVector objects such as a multivector update or block dot
product.

Mike