[Trilinos-Users] Adding sparse matrices

Maxsim Gibiansky maxsim.gibiansky at nist.gov
Mon Jun 11 13:01:41 MDT 2007

I've been using Trilinos (via PyTrilinos), and I have some other questions.

I'm in a situation where I have sparse matrices (Epetra.FECrsMatrix) for several
terms in an equation; I'd like to be able to add them. I've tried using the Add
function in EpetraExt::MatrixMatrix, but I've had problems - at the end of the
operation, the destination matrix has FillComplete() called on it. So if I
wanted to use it to do something like

Add(B, False, 1, A, 1) // A += B
Add(C, False, 1, A, 1) // A += C

I might get an error, because A will already be Filled() after the first call.

Am I missing something? I can't seem to figure out how to add a group of
matrices together, and it seems like there should be some way of doing this.

-Maxsim Gibiansky