[Trilinos-Users] Repeated InsertGlobalValues calls - intended behavior

Maxsim Gibiansky maxsim.gibiansky at nist.gov
Fri Jun 8 08:59:42 MDT 2007

I had a question about the behavior of InsertGlobalValues when it gets called
multiple times on the same indices in a CrsMatrix.

I tried and it didn't give an error, and the multiple values inserted into the
same position got added together when FillComplete() was called - this behavior
made sense. However, I haven't been able to find any documentation that would
say what the intended behavior is - whether this a feature or just "undefined
behavior" which happened to to work reasonably in that particular case. I
realize that it probably should be avoided for efficiency and because it breaks
subsequent calls to ReplaceGlobalValues, but was wondering whether anyone could
point me to somewhere that describes the intended functionality in that case.

-Maxsim Gibiansky