[Trilinos-Users] Slow AztecOO solve time

Michael A Heroux maherou at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 12 12:18:10 MDT 2007

Neal,

Can you provide some more detail?  What do you mean you are calling reset
after each solve?

Also, since you are trying to solve circuit problems, there are special
capabilities in Trilinos to help with these types of problems.  First, if
the problem is small to medium in size (less that 1M equations, this is a
rough guess) you will probably find that KLU (the native sparse direct
solver in the Amesos package in Trilinos) will be faster than iterative
methods.  If you have larger problems, you will want to explore using the
Singleton Filter class in Epetra to eliminate rows/columns that have only a
single entry.  These types of equations often appear in circuit problems.

Mike