[Trilinos-Users] aztecoo+sundance problem

Gideon Simpson grs2103 at columbia.edu
Wed Jan 17 20:35:58 MST 2007

I should have posted this too:
AZ_check_input: Setup information on processor 0

         solver:                                 1
         convergence flag:                       0
         maximum iterations:                     5000
         reordering:                             1
         preconditioner:                         14
         polynomial order:                       3
         GMRES ill conditioning threshold:                       1.0e+11
         GMRES restart size:                     30
         orthogonalization:                      0
         tolerance:                              1.0e-12
         drop:                                   0.0e+00
         fill-in:                                        1
         overlap:                                        0
         typeoverlap:                            0

         Number of internal unknowns:            0
         Number of border  unknowns:             10691
         Total number of unknowns:               10691
         Number of external unknowns:            0
         Number of internal blocks:              0
         Number of border  blocks:               10691
         Total number of blocks:                 10691
         Number of external blocks:              0
         Number of processors:                   1
         Node number:                            0
         Number of neighbors:                    0
         Number of unknowns sent to neighbors:   0
=======

                 ***** Problem: Epetra::CrsMatrix
                 ***** Preconditioned GMRES solution
                 ***** ILU(1) domain decomp. without overlap
                 ***** No scaling
                 ***** NOTE: convergence VARIES when the total number of
                 *****       processors is changed.

                 iter:    0           residual = 1.000000e+00

*****  Condition number estimate for subdomain preconditioner on PE 0
= 1.4400e+02

I'm getting this through sundance, not by explicit manipulation of
the epetra matrices, so I hope this is the calculation you wanted.
In addition, I did try adjusting the alpha and rho threshold
parameters as described in the AztecOO User's Guide and saw no
improvement.
-gideon