[Trilinos-Users] Is there any method in Trilinos classes thatreturns the amount of memory allocated?

Ernesto Prudencio prudenci at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 13 10:09:13 MST 2007

Thanks, Ross and Mike.

I was thinking about something simpler, like an estimation of memory
required by a multigrid preconditioner, for instance.

As we solve large computational problems, many areas demand more and more
memory: mesh entities and dofs, FEM classes, other application objects
(e.g. localizers, particles), MPI, solvers for linear equations, etc. It
is good to have a sense of the relative needs of the bigger memory
demanders and a prediction of the overall memory needs, so that one can
optimize queueing time and computing time consumption in supercomputer
accounts.

Although it is possible to track the contribution of code parts through
outer reports or the 'top' command, an estimation from libraries would be
good.

Cheers,

Ernesto.