[Trilinos-Users] Run time error msg: wrong type of "smoother: Aztec options" in ML parameter list

Ernesto Prudencio prudenci at slac.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 12 17:03:02 MST 2007

Hi. I have the following data members in a class of mine,

Teuchos::ParameterList*              m_mlList;
int             m_smootherAztecOptions[AZ_OPTIONS_SIZE];
double          m_smootherAztecParams[AZ_PARAMS_SIZE];
ML_Epetra::MultiLevelPreconditioner* m_mlPreconditioner;

and the following code in the constructor of such class:

std::string smootherType("Aztec");
AZ_defaults(m_smootherAztecOptions,m_smootherAztecParams);
m_smootherAztecOptions[AZ_precond]         = AZ_dom_decomp;
m_smootherAztecOptions[AZ_subdomain_solve] = AZ_icc;
int smootherAztecAsSolver = 0;

m_mlList = new Teuchos::ParameterList();
m_mlList->set("smoother: type",smootherType.c_str());
m_mlList->set("smoother: Aztec options",m_smootherAztecOptions);
m_mlList->set("smoother: Aztec params",m_smootherAztecParams);
m_mlList->set("smoother: Aztec as solver",(bool) smootherAztecAsSolver);
... // other sets
m_mlPreconditioner = new ML_Epetra::MultiLevelPreconditioner(*matrix, *m_mlList);

But I am getting the following run time error message:

// BEGIN OF ERROR MESSAGE

Error, the parameter {name="smoother: Aztec
options",type="int*",value="0x11bbe9e8"}
in the parameter (sub)list "ANONYMOUS"
exists in the list of valid parameters but has the wrong type.

The correct type is "RCP<vector<int>>".

Throw number = 1

ERROR: ML's Teuchos::ParameterList contains an incorrect parameter!

// END OF ERROR MESSAGE

Any idea on what is wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Ernesto.