[Trilinos-Users] More Complicated Use of Export

Davood Ansari david.ansari at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 23:16:57 MST 2007

Hi

I am new to Trilinos.

I am assembling a FEM CRS matrix in Epetra.
I have divided the matrix in row section by the number of available
processors.
Now when each process starts the Assembly of the global matrix it come to
the point where is has to update a row of the global matrix which does not
the process itself. Thus it cannot be added to that portion of the global
matrix
using matrix attribute methods etc. Rather I think I have to send this row
of
the matrix to the appropriate process to be assembled there. This involves
in
rather complicated MPI communications. What I am wondering is that there
should
be some kind of Export (Import) functionality for Epetra_Crs_Matrix to
handle
the situation. Please advise !

Davood