[Trilinos-Users] monte carlo

Kevin Long krlong at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 17 13:30:20 MST 2006

Hi Davide,

Monte Carlo is a very broad term.  What kind of Monte Carlo simulation do you
have in mind? Sampling & DACE? Eigenvalue computation? Particle simulation?
Stochastic differential equations?

Depending on which you have in mind, Trilinos components may or may not be
useful. To my knowledge, there are no prepackaged high-level Trilinos
components for any of those problem types I listed, but for some problem
types you may find some of the lower-level components useful; for example,
using Epetra vectors to represent particle state and to take care of
interprocessor transfer in a convenient way.

As Ross Bartlett points out, if you're interested in DACE or sampling, Dakota
is an excellent choice. If you're interested in molecular simulation, you
might want to look at Towhee, http://towhee.sourceforge.net/.

Hope that helps,

- kevin

On Friday 17 March 2006 11:37, davide ricci wrote:
> Hi guys,
> is there any example in how to implement a simple parallel Monte Carlo
> code
> with the trilinos package ?
>
> all the best,
>
> davide

        Dr. Kevin Long
        Computational Science and Mathematics Research Department
        Sandia National Laboratories

        MS 9217                               krlong at ca.sandia.gov
        Livermore, CA 94551                   (925)-294-4910