[Trilinos-Users] Trilinos Update March 2006

James Willenbring jmwille at sandia.gov
Fri Mar 17 11:43:37 MST 2006

All,

We would again like to provide you with some news, FAQ's and important links
dealing with Trilinos.

1)      The current release update version is 6.0.16.  For a summary of all
of the changes made since release 6.0.0, follow this link:

http://software.sandia.gov/trilinos/downloads/files/changelog-6.0.txt

2)      Note about Thyra refactoring:

Thyra has been refactored to change all occurrences of 1-based indexing to
0-based indexing. This may impact users of Thyra in Trilinos 6.0 when
upgrading to Trilinos 7.0 when it is released later this year. All of the
packages in Trilinos have been manually updated but there is no good
automated way to update code for this change.

3)      Compilation FAQ:

Q: I am having trouble building Trilinos after upgrading to a new version or
upgrading my machine.  Why doesn't Trilinos compile?

A: The most common compilation problems following a Trilinos or machine
upgrade have been:

1)               Obsolete paths in the arguments passed to configure.  For
example, if you installed a new version of mpi and had previously provided
paths to the old version, you will have to update the path.  Many people
keep a file with all of their arguments in it and (understandably) don't
comb through it every time they reconfigure.

2)               Incompatible compilers.  For example, if you try to link to
system or third-party libraries that have been compiled with GCC 3.2 and try
to compile Trilinos using GCC 3.4, it will typically cause some ugly looking
errors.

Often hints pointing to both of these problems can be found in your link
line.  For more Trilinos FAQ's, follow this link:

http://software.sandia.gov/trilinos/faq.html

4)      Estimated date for Trilinos 7.0 release: October 2006.

Thank you all for your interest in Trilinos
http://software.sandia.gov/trilinos.

Jim Willenbring

Mike Phenow