[Trilinos-Users] Teuchos_MPIReduction

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Tue Mar 7 13:43:59 MST 2006

Marco,

I think I have found the issue that is causing you problems building
the python wrappers.  If you look at the compilation line for the
wrapper code:

     mpicc -fno-strict-aliasing -DNDEBUG -O2 -march=i586 -mtune=i686 ...

it really should be calling mpic++ instead of mpicc.  I may need to
change some logic so that the python script that generates this
compilation line is smarter about choosing the compiler.  You could
help me out by doing a

     $ cd BUILD/packages/epetraext/python/src
     $ grep CXX Makefile

and sending me the results.

Also, it won't solve any of the problems you are seeing, but you
could simplify your configure invocation by getting rid of --with-
trilinos and --enable-pytrilinos; they are obsolete.

On Mar 6, 2006, at 12:00 PM, Marco Morandini wrote:

> No, I still see compilation errors. The first one is ...

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-5451      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0316    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **