[Trilinos-Users] Teuchos_MPIReduction

Marco Morandini morandini at aero.polimi.it
Thu Mar 2 08:51:53 MST 2006

hkthorn wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> One quick note:  There is no configure time check to see if you have gnu
> make (gmake).  You have to use "--with-gnumake" in your configure line and
> then compile Trilinos with "gmake".  I didn't see "--with-gnumake" on your
> configure line .... that will help your exorbitantly long compile line for
> swig.

Thanks, I will use --with-gnumake from now on.

This time I've built everything from scratch,
and Teuchos_MPIReductionOpBase.o
was built without problem. I don't know
what was wrong, and I can only apologize
for the wrong report.

As a side note, after configuring with

../configure  \
--enable-mpi \
--with-mpi-compilers \
--enable-teuchos \
--enable-teuchos-extended \
--enable-teuchos-complex \
--enable-teuchos-expat \
--enable-thyra \
--enable-epetra \
--enable-epetraext \
--enable-amesos \
--enable-amesos-umfpack \
--enable-amesos-thyra \
--enable-ifpack \
--enable-aztecoo \
--enable-ml \
--enable-triutils \
--enable-python \
--with-trilinos \
--enable-nox \
--enable-nox-epetra \
--enable-nox-lapack \
--enable-new_package \
--enable-pytrilinos \
--prefix=/home/marco/local/trilinos-6.0.14 \
--enable-expat

in a clean tree the compilation stopped 5
times, and each error was solved by applying
one of pieces of the  patch sent in my previous post.
If you need the logs,
I can send them to you or to the mailing list
(the .tgz file with make logs is 379066 bytes long),
or I can put them on a web server.

A second note:
I see that some files are compiled with -fno-strict-aliasing
However, I also see a lot of aliasing warning in

packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_agg_uncoupled.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_agg_dd.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_amg_MIS.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_agg_METIS.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_agg_user.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_agg_VBMETIS.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_agg_Zoltan.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_agg_ParMETIS.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_aggregate.c
packages/ml/src/Coarsen/ml_ggraph.c
packages/ml/src/FEGrid/ml_gridagx.c
packages/ml/src/FEGrid/ml_setup.c
packages/ml/src/FEGrid/ml_get_basis.c
packages/ml/src/Main/ml_struct.c
packages/ml/src/Comm/ml_exch_row.c
packages/ml/src/Smoother/ml_csolve.c
packages/ml/src/Smoother/ml_smoother.c
packages/ml/src/Krylov/ml_krylov.c
packages/ml/src/Operator/ml_operatoragx.c
packages/ml/src/Utils/ml_aztec_utils.c

plus some ml/examples/Other files
Is it safe to ignore them?

Thanks again,