[Trilinos-Users] EpetraExt mult_A_B

Williams, Alan B william at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 27 17:53:43 MDT 2006

Burkhard,

Thank you for the optimization, it does provide a substantial
performance gain in 3 of the kernels (mult_A_B, mult_Atrans_B and
mult_Atrans_Btrans). I will incorporate the change into the Trilinos
code-base, and it will be included in the upcoming 7.0 release.

The remaining kernel, mult_A_Btrans can't be modified in the same way as
the others, but I found a couple of other optimizations for that routine
that improved its performance also. It is still the slowest one, so more
work is needed there.

As I mentioned, our plan is to replace at least some of these kernels
with a much faster outer-product formulation. I just haven't gotten to
it yet.

Alan