[Trilinos-Users] Solving a Reduced System

Michael A Heroux maherou at sandia.gov
Fri Oct 7 16:32:46 MDT 2005

Ammar,

I have attached several files that will be part of the next Trilinos
release.  The new class (SubCopy_CrsMatrix) creates a new CrsMatrix that is
a subset of row/columns of an existing matrix by asking you to provide an
new set of Epetra_Map objects describing the global rows and columns you
want as part of the reduced system.  Reduced x and B vectors can be created
directly by using an Epetra_Import object.

This very new code, but it has worked for me.  Documentation is still not
done, but ask if you have questions.  The sample driver (cxx_main.cpp)
should be somewhat helpful.

Mike