[Trilinos-Users] MatrixMatrix & repeated indeces

Simone Deparis deparis at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 3 14:34:33 MDT 2005

Hi,

just FYI: I did very small tests using MatrixMatrix:: sum and multiply
using repeated indices.
My experience is:

let A be a CsrMatrix whose rowMap has repeated indeces
let B be a CsrMatrix whose rowMap has unique indeces.

if C has the same rowMap as B:
sum(A,..,C,..) does _not_ work
multiply(A,..,A,...,C) does not work because of the repeated indices

if C has the same rowMap as A:
sum(A,..,C,..) works
multiply(A,..,A,...,C) does not work because of the repeated indices

Simone