[Trilinos-Users] Epetra_FEVector ReplaceGlobalValue

Simone Deparis deparis at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 10 13:26:20 MST 2005

In Epetra_FEVector, the method  ReplaceGlobalValue
does actually _not_ replace a remote values, it will add it:

line 346 of Epetra_FEVector.cpp, method globalAssemble
   EPETRA_CHK_ERR( Export(nonlocalVector, exporter, Add) );

One possible, but still buggy, solution can be to change the method
global assemble to ( in .h)

    int GlobalAssemble(const Epetra_CombineMode& CombineMode = Add);

and then modify the header of the method to
int Epetra_FEVector::GlobalAssemble(const Epetra_CombineMode& CombineMode)
and line 346 becomes:
   EPETRA_CHK_ERR( Export(nonlocalVector, exporter, CombineMode) );

As said, this is still buggy, but at least give me the chance to decide
wether to replace or add the remote values.

Simone

                                     Simone Deparis
   .~.                               Mechanical Engineering Dept
   /V\   L   I   N   U   X           77 Mass Ave Room 3-264
  // \\  =================           Cambridge MA 02139
/(   )\                             USA
  ^^-^^
phone :  +1 617 452 3285  mailto:deparis at mit.edu