[Trilinos-Users] Aztec, DD-prec and reuse

Simone Deparis deparis at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 21 13:05:52 MST 2005

Hi,

Is it possible to reuse the DD-preconditioner or even to get a
Epetra_RowMat pointer to it?
I mean:

I have an
  Epetra_CrsMatrix A
and a Preconditioner
  Epetra_CrsMatrix P
I solve Ax = b by GMRES preconditioned by P.
When solving for P^{-1} inside GMRES, I use GMRES preconditioned with
overlapped DD from aztec (combined with AZ_ilut) (lets call this second
precondtioner M).

As you may guess, I would like to keep M (the preconditioner to P), as
well as its ilut factorization.
As far as I understand, I can't use
  ConstructPreconditioner(condest)
nor AZ_reuse, since my preoconditioner M is internal (not setted by
SetPrecOperator or SetPrecMatrix, but builded by aztec).

Do you have any idea, please?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In a later stage, I would like to build M starting from P and use M as a
preconditioner to A, via something like:

  Epetra_Operator* M = P->GetPrecOperator()
  A->SetPrecOperator(M);
or
  Epetra_RowMat* M =P->GetPrecMatrix();
  A->SetPrecMatrix(M);

Do you think that this is feasible?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thank you in advance
Best
Simone

                                    Simone Deparis
  .~.                               Mech Eng Dept - MIT
  /V\   L   I   N   U   X           77 Mass Ave Room 3-264
 // \\  =================           Cambridge MA 02139
/(   )\                             USA
 ^^-^^
phone :  +1 617 452 3285  mailto:deparis at mit.edu