[Trilinos-Users] configuring trilinos

James Willenbring jmwille at sandia.gov
Wed Dec 7 13:20:14 MST 2005

Hi,

./mpi_linux_Bora: line 9: --enable-mpi: command not found

Is a type of problem that I have seen many times and to this point has
always indicated a formatting problem with the arguments that are passed to
configure.  In particular, please check to make sure that there is not a
space after your line continuation character on the previous line.  Also, we
strongly recommend against configuring in your source tree.  Please see the
Recommended Build Directory Structure section in the following webpage:
http://software.sandia.gov/trilinos/installation_manual.html

Configuring in the source tree causes all kinds of problems that can be
difficult to diagnose and makes it impossible to run the installation tests.

If that does not help, please send me your config.log file from
packages/teuchos/.

Jim