[Trilinos-Users] Replicate Serial Vectors

Michael A Heroux maherou at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 1 08:59:30 MDT 2005

Ammar,

There are several ways to manage replicated data in Trilinos.  However,
there is no way to have a replicated vector be synchronized "automatically"
for every operation.  We have avoided this type of mechanism because it
would typically require a lot of communication and promote poor parallel
programming approaches.  In general we have avoided implicit communication
because of these problems.

Having said this, there is a concept in Epetra of a LocalMap, such that
Vectors (and MultiVectors) built using such a map will be synchronized
during Epetra operations.  Epetra also supports replicated data through
Import and Export operations.  Imports and Exports can be used to automate
synchronization for user-defined operations.

If you give me a few more details about your situation, I will try to
provide you with some examples.

Mike