[Trilinos-Users] release of packages

Malte Neumann neumann@statik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:16:54 +0200

Mike,

thanks for this comprehensive answer.  That doesn't sound to bad.
I think it is not a big problem to use the more unstable development branch,
our whole code is unstable as well.
How is it possible to get access to the development distribution. Do I need
to register somewhere?

Regards

Malte

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:38:14AM -0600, Michael A Heroux wrote:
> Malte,
>
> Just to summarize, Amesos will be in the May 2004 public release
> (Trilinos Release 4).  Meros and Anasazi will not be in this public
> release, but will be available in the development branch.  All of these
> packages should be through the administrative processes to make them
> available under LGPL licensing, and can be distributed legally.
>
> Presently, I am at a conference with Marzio Sala, one of the developers
> of Amesos_Mumps.  I will ask him about status of this development.
>
> Even if Meros and Anasazi may not be in the official public release,
> they are accessible via the development distribution.  There are
> differences in stability and readiness of the two branches, but given
> your interest, you are welcome to use the development branch.
>
> I expect that the present capabilities and interfaces in Meros will
> remain stable, and new features, including SIMPLE and SIMPLEC type
> preconditioners will be added over the summer.  Meros is not part of the
> public release primarily because its underlying support structure is be
> updated.
>
> Anasazi will probably undergo some substantial changes in both interface
> and capabilities over the next six months, but its core capabilities
> will remain.
>
> I hope this is helpful.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Mike

                              Malte Neumann
Institut fuer Baustatik / Institute of Structural Mechanics
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Ekkehard Ramm
Universitaet Stuttgart / University of Stuttgart

Pfaffenwaldring 7, D-70550 Stuttgart, Germany

mailto:neumann@statik.uni-stuttgart.de            phone: ++49-711-685-6121
http://www.uni-stuttgart.de/ibs/members/neumann/  fax:   ++49-711-685-6130