[Trilinos-Users] configure line argument changes

Willenbring, James M jmwille@sandia.gov
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:05:42 -0700

FYI

This is important for anyone who configures any Trilinos packages.

Note that these changes have only been applied to the development branch.

Some configure line options were not the same for Nox and the rest of
Trilinos.  In particular, mpi options were conflicting, and two options
served the same purpose for the majority of Trilinos, while only one
(the one used less frequently) was valid for Nox.

Here is a summary of the changes:

--with-mpi-include=-I<DIR> has been removed.  Use --with-mpi-incdir=DIR
instead.  --with-mpi-include was originally taken from Nox, but Nox was
updated and the rest of Trilinos was not.  NOTE: --with-mpi-incdir does not
accept a -I at the beginning of the path as --with-mpi-include did.  ie use
--with-mpi-incdir=/usr/path/include

--with-mpi-libdir no longer accepts -L at the beginning of the path.
This was a conflict with Nox and was causing problems because the syntax
for the two options was not compatible.  ex. --with-mpi-libdir=/usr/path/lib

--with-libdirs should no longer be used.  Nox does not accept this option.
Use --with-ldflags instead.  ex. --with-ldflags="-L/usr/dir -L/usr/dir2"

Direct any questions to Jim Willenbring jmwille@sandia.gov.

Please also alert us of any other incompatible options.