[Trilinos-Users] building Trilinos with Intel 7.0

Lehoucq, Richard rblehou@sandia.gov
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:37:34 -0700

mike,

i'm not convinced that tony is using cygwin. there
are freely avialable ports of the intel C++ and fortran
compilers for linux.

while makefile.CYGWINICL.MPI is useful to look at if
the person is on linux, this makefile uses the CVF
fortran compiler (not the intel fortran compiler) and
makes various assumptions when working within cygwin.

Heidi Thornquist, a recent hire, is going to be replacing
the use of CVF with the intel fortran 7.0 compiler on
windows using the cygwin toolkit next week.

i think it would be great if our linux direhards spent
sometime building trilinos using the freely avialable
ports of the intel C++ and fortran compilers for linux.

--rich

http://www.cae.wisc.edu