[Trilinos-Announce] 2023 Trilinos User Group (TUG) Meeting Registration

Rutka, Phyllis A parutka at sandia.gov
Tue Aug 29 10:32:12 MST 2023

Resending with fixed hyperlink to registration form – also attached.

Good day,

We are pleased to announce the 2023 Trilinos User Group Meeting (TUG23) will be held October 31st through November 2nd, 2023 at Sandia National Laboratories, in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  The tentative agenda is

  *   Tuesday AM, Oct. 31st – Keynote Speaker and Product Area/Package Updates
  *   Wednesday AM, Nov. 1st – Application and User Talks
  *   Thursday AM/PM, Nov. 2nd – Developer’s Day

As in previous years, this will be a hybrid meeting with both virtual and in-person attendees.  We do encourage everyone to consider attending in-person, so that we can get together and talk about Trilinos.   We are planning to have morning sessions (8am -12pm MDT) so that our European colleagues can join us remotely.  The Developers Day will likely run into the afternoon due to the amount of material we would like to cover.

Tutorials and Hack-a-thons
Additionally, we are considering having tutorials and/or hackathons on one or several of the afternoons of Oct. 30th (Monday PM), Oct. 31st (Tuesday PM) and Nov. 1st (Wednesday PM).  These will be scheduled based on interest shared on the TUG23 registration, and we will share any additions to the agenda for tutorials and/or hackathon as soon as we can.  If you are interested in this, please let us know early with your registration.  There are several tutorials available, e.g., Getting Started, Teuchos, Tpetra, Belos, MueLu, Kokkos, NOX, Zoltan, …, so please let us know your interest on the registration.  Also based on interest, we are considering having a hackathon during one or more of these afternoons based on interest.  If you would like to work with Trilinos developers on your application, please let us know.  We would like to connect you to Trilinos developers to help incorporate and use Trilinos in your application.

REGISTRATION

There is no registration fee for attendance; however, registration is required for reporting purposes.  Registration may be submitted through October 25, 2023.  Please send the completed registration form to Phyllis Rutka (mail to: parutka at sandia.gov<mailto:parutka at sandia.gov>).  After registration closes on October 25, you be emailed an invite for the meetings.  Please do not forward the invite as registration is needed to attend. Click here<https://trilinos.github.io/pdfs/2023_TUG_registration_form.pdf> for registration form.

IMPORTANT DATES

Attending Virtually
If you are planning on attending virtually, please make sure you register for the day(s) you plan to join us by Oct. 25th. Sooner than later would help us!  😊

Attending In-Person
•        If you are a non-Sandian and a non-US citizen, you will need to declare your intention by Oct. 2nd.  Otherwise, you will need to join us virtually.
•        We will send you additional information on what is needed for you to attend in-person, so please do not delay.
•        If from a sensitive country<https://www.srs.gov/general/tour/sensitive.htm>, please contact us by Aug. 28th or as soon as possible (sorry for the late notice) as the suggested lead time for the paperwork is 60-days.  We will do our best to get it processed.
•        Please note that the process for some countries may take too long, and you may need to attend virtually.
•        If you are a non-Sandian and a US citizen, please fill out the registration by Oct. 25th.  Otherwise, you will need to join us virtually.
•        This will allow us time to complete the necessary paperwork to get you badged and able to gain entrance to CSRI.
•        If you are a Sandian and a non-US citizen, please make sure Building CSRI is included on your FNRSP, and your registration reflects your in-person status.  Again by Oct. 25th.
•        If you are a Sandian and a US citizen, please fill out the registration form by Oct. 25th.  Again, sooner would help us in the planning!

Please look to the TUG23<https://trilinos.github.io/trilinos_user-developer_group_meeting_2023.html> (under construction) for additional information and updates as they come available.  Feel free to share this announcement with your colleagues.

Look forward to seeing you at TUG23!  Please let us know of any questions.

Thanks,

Phyllis Rutka – TUG Coordinator
Mike Heroux – Trilinos Lead
Curt Ober – Product Manager
Sam Browne – Framework Lead
Roger Pawlowski – Trilinos Core Lead
Christian Glusa – Solvers Lead
Mauro Perego – Discretizations and Analysis Lead
Jim Willenbring – Software Sustainability Lead
Siva Rajamanickam – Strategic Lead
Heidi Thornquist – Strategic Lead
Eric Phipps – Strategic Lead
Michael Wolf – Trilinos Manager