[Trilinos-Announce] Trilinos C++17 Requirement

Browne, Samuel Elliott sebrown at sandia.gov
Mon Dec 12 14:33:05 MST 2022

Trilinos User Community,

Trilinos pull request and master merge testing is now exclusively using the C++17 standard.  To this end, we will be advancing the minimum C++ standard in CMake to be C++17 on 01-09-2023.  Until that point, you may still attempt to build Trilinos with C++14, but it is possible that said build will not work due to the fact that we no longer test with C++14.  After that point, Trilinos will default to building with C++17, and immediately error if a C++14 build is attempted.

-Framework Team