[Trilinos-Announce] PyTrilinos Tutorial at the 2006 TUG

Bill Spotz wfspotz at sandia.gov
Fri Oct 27 11:01:38 MDT 2006

Hello all,

A short tutorial for building and using PyTrilinos, the python
interface to Trilinos, has been scheduled as a part of the 2006 TUG
on Wednesday, November 8 at 11:00.  This is intended to be a hands-on
exploration of PyTrilinos, so if you will be attending the TUG and
you intend to participate, you will need a laptop on which Trilinos
has been compiled, as well as some additional software packages.  For
full details, see the PyTrilinos Tutorial abstract, which can be
obtained from the TUG schedule:

     http://software.sandia.gov/Trilinos/events/trilinos_user_group/2006

I hope you will join me in learning the joys of dynamic creation and
use of Trilinos objects.

P.S.  If you have interest in the tutorial, but do not yet know
python, rest assured that python is an extremely easy language to
learn.  There is an online tutorial available,

     http://docs.python.org/tut/tut.html

and experienced programmers such as yourselves should be able to pick
up all of the basics within an hour.  Trust me, you'll get hooked.

** Bill Spotz                                              **
** Sandia National Laboratories  Voice: (505)845-0170      **
** P.O. Box 5800                 Fax:   (505)284-5451      **
** Albuquerque, NM 87185-0370    Email: wfspotz at sandia.gov **