[Trilinos-Announce] Trilinos HPC Software Challenge Award Winner

Michael A Heroux maherou at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 15 16:18:16 MST 2004

All,

We just want to share some good news with you.  Trilinos was awarded one of
two HPC Software Challenge Awards as part of the Technical Program at
SC2004.

Quoting the call for submissions:  "This HPC Software Challenge will honor
participants working to improve the productivity of HPC software developers
and the quality of HPC software. The simulations and computations that drive
HPC are becoming more complex, as are the HPC systems that run them.
Software development can become as restrictive a bottleneck as computational
intensity. "Coding" must evolve into software engineering to enable software
that is not only computationally efficient but also maintainable,
extensible, and verifiable."

We are very please to receive this award since we have made a significant
commitment to professional software engineering practices and processes as
part of the Trilinos Project.  Thank you to all users who have collaborated
with us to improve Trilinos and its processes.

Best regards,

Mike

Details of the Challenge are at:

http://www.sc-conference.org/sc2004/hpc_challenge.html